Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hump day on thePatapsco river and a mixed bag

Hit the water after work with some Friends today to squeeze in some mid week  fishing.  We decided to paddle back out to white rocks and see if the big perch were still biting so we dropped lines to troll and paddled out on the mile long haul. Trolling proved ineffective ,As we reached the rocks I started to pull in my lines and promptly hook a small blue fish. My friend Chris hooked up moments later with another and besides a couple of small perch that was pretty much it. The sun was setting so we paddled back to shore and ended up in the middle of a regatta about as close as I care to get to sail boats under sail we stopped and I snapped a few pictures we were to close to get them full frame. Lightning began to flash in the distance so we figured that we fish closer to the landing in case the storm decide to crash our party. Close to the landing ended up being the right spot I immediately hooked into a nice fat perch and Chris hooked the first croaker My nephew who had only caught one fish was still having problems hooking up so some good ribbing was in order. We switch between white perch and croaker for the rest of the night and I ended it with a 19" catfish. Not much could make a work week better than a hump day fishing trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment