Thursday, February 4, 2016

Backs back

     So my week got better and my back has come back around. Was blessed with a warm Sunday and pieced the truck back together, had to use some redneck engineering and fab some shift tube collars out of electric conduit straps. I epoxied the dash and heater vents and for now left the cover off the steering column so I can keep a eye on my fabrication. I imagine I will get an extra look if I get pulled over by the po po, the only cars in b-more with out column covers are usually stolen. In November my back was out and I went to physical therapy for the 1st time since my back surgery in 04'. I figured they would give me the same ole exercises, but what the hell it couldn't hurt to try. And what do ya know my PT guy gave me some different stretches  than  what I had been doing and it helped my back out tremendously. So when I threw my back out last week I figured I would be down for at least 5 days as usual. The 1st day I rested iced and did nothing then on day 2 I started walking and slowly doing the stretches and I was good to go by day 3. He also lead me away from any forward stretching every exercise arches the back backwards and the only hamstring stretches are done on the floor with a rope over mt foot pulling leg back towards the ceiling. I mean I'm not out of pain ever but I have learned to live with it. I tell my wife that my pain friend tucks me in at night and wakes me in the morning no need for an alarm clock. I hate to take pills and rarely even take a Tylenol except when my backs out. The first day I'll take a cyclobensaprine which will literally knock my big ass out. Then i'll use naproxen for a week but not much longer because that shit fucks with my stomach. I seem to have gotten used to the pain and don't pay attention to it unless I do something stupid and it reminds me its there. I used to wonder how my pops worked like he did, his knees were so bad you could hear him coming down the hall popping and cracking but I guess you get used to it and figure out how to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment